Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'll keep my hijab on, thanks.

Monday: My badge at my client site doesn't work.

The client deactivated my security clearance because I was wearing a "headpiece" in my security picture. I point out I'm Muslim and the State of Virginia has no problem letting me wear my scarf in my licence. The officer notes they have accepted pictures with baseball caps.

Since I won't remove my scarf security asks me to follow-up with my manager and send a "waiver" to the security desk and temporarily reactivates my badge.

Tuesday: My manager is still in all day meetings and has not responded to my e-mail.

Wednesday: My manager IMs me and asks for clarification as she can't believe what happened. Furious she makes a few phone calls. Within minutes I'm cleared and should have no future problems. If I do, my manager says "Call my blackberry IMMEDIATELY".

Some things never cease to amaze me.

No comments: